Monday, July 25, 2016

Just a short note

My body seems to be getting used to the medication. Today started again on a good note.  No pain upon waking. So after breakfast I set out on a 5 km walk.  While walking I thought maybe I could walk 5 days in a row for 5km and then each week of the treatment I could add a km so I would be back up to walking 15km or so by the end of treatment. That way I should be back on track for training for my next Camino. Its a goal. Its nice to have goals. I will just have to see how it goes.

I will say by the end of the walk I was getting tired. That sort of upset me because I look at 5km as an easy walk.  So to be tired after it makes me wonder about my goal. But then I remember there are some people who get energy from the treatment. I hope that happens to me too. One day. Or at least that I can feel a little less tired as time goes on.

I have been doing some research in my down time on the Camino in the off seasons. I am considering it. One down side I see though is the reduced amount of daylight during the off season. I don't think I want to walk in the dark.  Although I will say it was so neat to watch the sun rise that one day over Estella.  Lots to think about and money to save for.

I look forward to keeping up with my walking. Its good for the soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment