Sunday, March 12, 2017

Packing Our Fears.....or packing list 2017

Often have I read or hear the notion of "packing our fears" when talking about what to take on the Camino.  This year I am revamping my packing list and doing my best not to "pack my fears" but rather to be more realistic and having faith that the Camino shall provide.

I have learned some from my prior two times walking.  The first time I had spent a great deal of time and effort making sure I had what I needed, only to have the pack not arrive for the Camino. That year I saw first hand how "the camino will provide".   The second year I thought I had everything I needed. This time I found what I truly needed and things I forgot to bring and needed. Simple things like Tums antacid.

So this year I will do my updated packing list and post the complete list and also breaking down the individual kits, such as first aid or toiletries, and include photos.

Even though I am only going to a week at a time I think the packing list could be used for longer walks. After all they are plenty of places to restock on supplies.



Packing List 2017


Clothing

    walking shoes/hiking boots
    2 pairs of  trousers or leggings- I use convertible ones            
    1 pair of shorts or skirt for relaxing wear
    2 quick dry shirts-no cotton                                                        
    1 long-sleeve light-weight shirt                            
    3-4 pairs of socks (1 pair to sleep in)
    2 Bras- again quick dry/sport bras                                                 
    2-3 pairs of underwear                                  
     sleep wear- I use shorts & T-shirt                                                    
    1 fleece pullover                              
    1 pair of  gloves                                
     Light-weight rain poncho or water-proof rain jacket
    1 pair of light flip-flops for the shower-optional
    Cap or Sun hat
    Plastic backpack cover
    buff or scarf

Miscellaneous
      Passport
      camino passport
      ID cards
      money
     glasses- sun/reading
     shell
    Ear plugs
     journal & pen
     Small Guidebook -maps
     A few medium-sized safety pins
     flashlight/torch or use phone
   
Electronic Device- these are optional.
      Smartphone
       charger and adapters
       Battery charger
       Fitbit watch and cords
       Kindle with charging cord- for guidebooks
       Noise canceling Ear buds and case -
        Camera or use phone

Toiletries                                                    
    shampoo and conditioner
    body soap                        
    toothpaste and toothbrush
    Sunscreen  lotion (doubles up as moisturizer too)
    Small roll-on deodorant-(buy more as you go)
    Lip-balm
    toilet paper
    Tiny hairbrush or comb
    Towel-quick dry
    Baby wipes/wet ones

First Aid Kit
     Needle and thread
     Band-Aids/Compeed
     Moleskin
    Antiseptic cream
    Vaseline
    Duct-tape or medical tape
    Pain-killers
    personal meds
    Antacids
    Imodium or Pepto bismol

Sleeping bag or sheet/blanket-





No comments:

Post a Comment