Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Vacation-Rome

Last I wrote it was about beating the Camino blues. To beat my blues I began to walk again in preparation for my next section of Camino. Not huge walks, just more to start back after resting and recuperating from the trip. And what better place to walk than in Rome!

My daughter Jessie and her family invited me along on their trip to the Eternal City.  We spent a wonderful 4 days walking around the city and seeing all the sites.  We averaged 10 miles a day, across all sorts of walking surfaces. From cobble stones, to side walks to old roman stone roads, and a few paved ones for good measure.  All in all it was good training, as well as a good time to get away and think of something new and different.

Now I am back home and trying to get back into training and planning. I was hoping for maybe a fall Camino, but I am not sure about finances at this time. Maybe I should consider walking in the cooler weather. Why am I so opposed to walking in the cold, when i trained in the cold last year. Hum.....things to think on.


No comments:

Post a Comment