Monday, August 8, 2016

Back to walking and planning

Well since I last wrote I had a bit of an off week or so.  However I am now starting to feel better and stronger.  My head is more clear and I feel I can write again.  Yeah!

In the past few days I have been able to get out and about doing stuff and feeling okay doing it.  On Friday it was a fest here in town.  Sunday we went to the pool and I swam laps and relaxed it the sauna.  That helped rejuvenate me. So when I woke early this morning, Monday, I decided to go ahead and get a walk done.  I did 5k in less time than I did last time out.  I know I am suppose to be bumping it up this week,  and last week, but I decided to start with 5 today. Tomorrow maybe I will do 6 and see how I feel.  Slow and steady is better than fast and then sick.

I am also ready to start to look again at my Camino plan and packing list. To revamp what I will take for next time and my budget and walking plan.  I think I may go in colder weather.  I know I have been resistant to the idea but looking back at all the training I did last year in winter I can't see a reason not to give it a go.  Especially since the section I will be doing is on the flatter area and really not much chance of snow being an issue.  But even if it was I am no longer afraid of it. With good planning and training I know we will get to a dry and warm place each night and if we are lucky a place for lunch and coffee.

So here is to a better day and a better week! Here is to planning and dreaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment