Monday, April 25, 2016

The Countdown Begins- 14 Days

Well at least we are down to the final two week before my next stage of the Camino de Santiago.
Yeah! Time to finish prep and relax a bit before going.

The key is not to over do any training. I think I have that bit covered.  I am giving myself some down time.  The last I wrote I was going on vacation with my grandson to London. I knew we would do some walking, but man oh man did we walk!  On one day we walked 16km. In fact most days we walked at least 5k a day and more on most days. It was good training. Two of those days we had our backpacks on for the majority of the day.  And the walking might not sound like much, but that was to include stairs and escalators we walked up and such.I will say my legs were aching. But I good its a good ache.

So on my return home, I decided to take it easy for a bit. At least as far as the walking went. I have been busying myself with the itinerary and room reservations. We have decided to stay in hostels, inns, hotels, pensions, and such. With private rooms for sleeping.  So I decided to go ahead and book the rooms ahead of time. This way we are not "racing for a bed". We should be able to just walk at our own pace and enjoy the walk. There is peace in knowing I have a bed to sleep in and a place to shower.

This week I have some other things to take care of, no camino things. Yes, there is another life outside the Camino world.  I will be posting my packing soon. What I packed and how. I may include my packing list as well. I am a list sort of person.

I am really looking forward to this trip. It seemed so far away and now its nearly time.


No comments:

Post a Comment