Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Break

Friday Jessie and I went for a walk.  Jessie hasn't been walking long distances for awhile so she suggested we do an "easy low milage" day.  So we headed off to Presseth which is about 10 km away.
Which still seems like a good bit of a walk.  We had a nice time explore different routes and paths. When we finally made out way back home we had completed 22 Km.  

Jessie was pleased with herself that she was able to walk the distance right off the bat. She is in good shape, she runs a lot. Jessie is committed to doing a walk in England in July. I believe its 100 km in 30 hours. So this was good training for her.

As far as me, I did well. Just at the very end I was getting tired and my knee began to hurt. When I got home I did see that once again I had the rash, but this time on both feet. I forgot to have us take a break and sit for a bit. We just walked and walked and walked, straight through.  On Saturday morning though the rash was gone, so I think its ok.

Saturday, the family all went to a fest. It was a lot of fun. At the end of the day we had walked a total of 8km. Which isn't too bad for just walking around the carnival things.

This sunday my grandson and I are heading to England for a few days for his Spring Break. Even though I will not be going out for "walks",  I will be track our walks exploring London and the countryside.

Also perhaps this is a good "break" for my body. Where I am not pushing it to the distances I have been.  Although I am sure we will be walking a lot in London. We shall see.

Its time to regroup and recharge.

Count down to Camino: 29 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment