Monday, August 15, 2016

Planning a mini camino

A mini camino? What is a mini camino. Well for the most part all my camino's so far have been mini since I have only done a week at a time. However what I am planning now is even smaller.

My daughter has agreed to join me in a walk of a couple days here and there. Training walks really, but still on Jakobsweg path.  I spent a good deal of time looking at both Nuremberg and Regansburg as start points.  Last year I did a bit from Regansburg to Keliem.  Jessie says I need to do that bit again since I was suppose to be getting to Weltenburg.  So I believe that is the first path we will take. It looks to be around 27 km. Then we will stay overnight and do another days walk.  So two days back to back of 25-30km.  Good training.

We hope to do it this fall. Well I hope to do it this fall. We have to first get better health wise. I am starting to feel more strong and able to walk longer again. I did do 6 km today and felt I could do more.  Jessie however is still recovering from her 68 mile walk and nursing blister feet and toe nail issues.  So once she can walk long distances again we will plan more.

I am looking forward to it. I think it will be a good time. I shall keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment