Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting support

Today I joined a gym. Well today was my first day at the new gym.  I think going to the gym might just give me the boost I need to push past my block.  I spent 3 hours there today. First doing some work on the treadmill and then using a stair machine, talking with a trainer and then a 30 minute workout. I feel good about it. I am really tired tonight and a bit sore. But it is a good sore.

I also met a couple ladies there during the training session. They were very friendly and are looking for support in their journeys as well. We made plans to meet there tomorrow at around the same time. Its good to get more support.

 Its funny how sometimes we get so stuck in our ways and think no one is there for us. Then when we start to open ourselves up, we receive back what we need.  I wanted and needed support to move forward with my weight loss and I am now finding that support not only in my family and friends but in new people coming into my life for fitness.  Between the gym and also in the challenge I am involved in.  I had joined a weight loss challenge that is a team challenge and after a month I finally have a full team. And our team seems very motivated and ready to lose the weight. We are in  22nd place currently out of 150 teams. I am happy to be apart of that.

I now have the support I need to be successful. However I see more and more it is I that needs to support myself and be proud of myself. I deserve this. I am good enough. My mind is starting to make that shift and the heart is close to follow.

I look forward to what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment