Saturday, March 18, 2017

First Aid Kit

Here is what is in my first aid kit.




Band-aides/plasters
Antibiotic ointment
Pain Reliever
Benadryl
Imodium
Prescription Medicine
Blister treatment/needle & thread
Moleskin
safety pins
tweezers
Body glide or vaseline
Pepto Bismol
tums-antacid


This is the one place I believe we pack most of our fears in. We fear the pain and the blisters of the walk, and with good reason.  However these items are fairly easy to find along the way. Either in markets or shops. In fact there was even some vending machines outside pharmacies that had all those first aid needs. Pain meds, band-aids, ice packs the works.  So I say yes pack an initial supply but you don't have to over pack.

However the one thing I did not find in the markets was antacid or anything for upset stomach. Especially with my lack of Spanish.  That is why this time I will carry those things with me.

Included also is body glide or vaseline to help with chaffing or blisters.  I have found small plastic bags that work great for putting my medicine in. I put the prescription label on the outside. It is lighter and takes up less space than the whole bottle.

The choice of pain relief is a personal one. One that is anti inflammatory will be of great benefit.  There are also creams that can be used.

All of this packs into the case you see in the bottom right corner and weighs in at about 4 oz.













No comments:

Post a Comment