Thursday, October 13, 2016

Still under the weather

I wish I could say that I was feeling better and was back to walking. However I find myself in more pain as the days go by.  It has been two weeks since my back started to cause me troubles. Relief seems to be eluding me. Pain pills, muscle relaxers, hot pad, rest and massages, nothing seems to help. Or perhaps its temporary relief, but not enough where I can get back to normal activity.

It looks like my walking trip for October will be postponed until further notice. Not only until I recover but also due to my grandsons football team going to the playoff in the end of October.

Once again I find myself battling the negative thoughts in my head. You know the ones that say things like: you will never get better and never walk the Camino again, once again you failed to do what you set out to do.....and so on.  In my heart I am determined to finish the Camino, one way or another. The trick I guess, is to reassure myself I will get better and not to let these temporary set backs get the better of me.  Mind over matter.  I shall look to this quote and find the strength to overcome this setback.


No comments:

Post a Comment