Monday, April 29, 2019

Following the yellow arrows....in life as on the Camino


Sarria, Spain street marker
Finding your way on any route of the Camino is fairly simple. You follow the yellow arrows and shells toward Santiago.  Sometimes the markers are a little less clear, but by seeing them you know you are on the right path.
If only life was that simple.

There are times in life when you do feel that you are on the right path, going the right way and doing all the things you are "suppose" to be doing. Perhaps its the family and career, the house and such.   Then something happens and it catapults you on a different road. Sometimes its a slight change of direction which brings new excitement and breaths new life into your existence. 

Way marker Augsburg Germany
Then there are those times when it seems as if the rug was pulled out from under you and you have no real direction.  There are many stories I've read where it was those circumstances that brought people to the Camino. Following the yellow arrow to find their new life path, their new way.

When I went on my first Camino, it was more of the slight shift in my life. A new experience, and I felt called to walk it.  When I went with my sister, once again I felt called to take her, to help her fulfill her dream of walking the way.

Since those times my life has taken many turns.  I now face a blank sheet of paper where I could really do whatever I want to do.  All I want to do it walk the Camino.  Perhaps it is knowing that everyday you have direction to follow. Yellow arrows helping you along the way.  Perhaps I need to look at life goals as yellow arrow, 
helping to keep me on my way.  Perhaps the camino is that safe place to go to
find oneself. 


Camino 2016
They say what you focus on is what you get in life. From today on I will be focusing on the positive in my life and doing my best to look forward.  Taking the lessons of the Camino and applying them to my everyday life. 

Lesson 1: keep moving forward.....learn from the past but keep your eye on the future.   On the Camino most peoples goal or focus is on getting to Santiago. There are others goals depending on their time on the Camino, but the focus is to that goal.  Once we climb the Pyrenees we don't agonize over how hard or difficult it was. We rejoice that we accomplished that bit. We learn from mistakes made perhaps on socks or not drinking enough water etc. But we do not let what happened that day deter us from continuing on to our next town, our next goal.....Santiago.

So in life I need to be grateful for the lessons I've learned along the way, and to find my new route and remain focus on that next adventure, while enjoying where I am at. 

My focus will be returning to the Camino,  my travel business and how I can combine my love of both travel and the camino, and being financially independent.

Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment