Thursday, April 5, 2018

Time to get writing again....

Its been a long time since I wrote and I feel bad about that.  There were so many times I wanted to catch up on what was going on with my walk...and me...but then I felt ashamed in some ways due to the fact I did not get to Spain at all last October like I planned.  However, the other part of me knew I really had nothing to be ashamed of and I should have written. Then, as time went on, the harder it was to write.  Tonight I sit here and force myself to take that first step once again.  So here it goes a short note to catch up on some things.

In October I was all set to go back to Spain and walk part of the Camino Frances route. My daughter, Jessie, and I were going to meet up in Bilbao and head down to Estella and do some walking together.  However, over the summer Jessie started to have some health issues and concerns and as the day got closer to the walk, She became more ill and was unable to walk.  Jess asked me to come see her first in Germany before I went to Spain and go with her to some doctors appointments.  I agreed. After all, no matter how old your children get there are times when they reach out and say they need your support and you want to be there for them.  So instead of Spain, I went to Germany in October.

We experienced a lot of ups and downs during my trip to Europe, however, we did not make it to Spain.  Amidst several doctors appointments, we were also busy packing up a house for moving. Fortunately, we were able to fit some travels in, where we did find a lot of other bits of "The way of St James". I will be writing about those bit here next.

It is time now to refocus on some things and get my life in order and back to walking the Camino....

No comments:

Post a Comment